Local Government Law & Planning in Maitland, Newcastle and NSW
The Local Government Act affects businesses, local councils and public authorities by providing legal frameworks that need to be adhered to in local governance.
It can be tedious and time consuming to sift through the many clauses to understand what you need to do.
We’re here to help you make sense of it all so you can get on with what you need to do to serve the community.
How Tranter Lawyers Can Assist With Local Government Law and Planning
As a local law firm, we feel it is important that we help local organisations to focus on the way they contribute to our community. Local council regulations should be supportive of local community rather than getting in their way.
A few of the ways we can help:
- Local Government planning, policies, appeals, schemes and financial management.
- Purchase, sale and licensing of land, conveyancing and advice for property management.
- Compulsory land acquisition, planning and compensation.
- Environmental risk management and advice on carbon emissions assessment.
- Contaminated land matters.
- Waste management.
- Advice on water restrictions, sewerage and stormwater drainage and facilities.
- Roads, infrastructure and public transport.
- Advice and review of agreements between councils and other authorities.
- Administrative law.
- Classification and reclassification of public land.
- Use and management of community land and crown activities.
- Assistance with understanding the Local Government Act.