Liquor & Gaming
Liquor Licensing and Gaming Machine Lawyers in Maitland and Newcastle
Tranter Lawyers has experience in providing advice relating to client’s liquor licensing requirements and gaming machine entitlements.
Does Your Business Need A Liquor License?
Any business that wants to serve alcoholic beverages in almost any capacity requires some sort of liquor license. However, not all liquor licenses are made equal. Getting the help of a liquor license lawyer can save you plenty of wasted time and money on unnecessary applications.
It’s usually just a matter of knowing which liquor license your business needs. A liquor license lawyer can help speed up the process of choosing and acquiring the correct license.
Tranter Lawyers can help you with
- General advice on liquor licensing law as it applies to your business
- Advice on handling any offences under the legislation
- Advice on managing risks involved in being a licensee, including occupational health and safety concerns, public liability concerns, and what to expect from such claims
- Help with legislation on Responsible Service of Alcohol
What kind of liquor licenses are there?
There are several types of liquor licenses, including those listed below. Knowing which one is most suitable for you, however, is the difficult part.
Let us at Tranter Lawyers help you navigate this process.
- On-Premises Licenses (with various classes for restaurants, catering, accommodation etc.)
- Hotel liquor license
- General bar license
- Small bar license
- Club license
- Microbreweries and small distilleries license
- BYO restaurants liquor license
- Producer/wholesaler license
- Packaged liquor license
- Liquor licenses for surf clubs
- Limited licenses (with various classes for special events, trade fairs, single functions etc.)
- Pop-up licenses
Gaming Machine Law
Tranter Lawyers can also provide a wide range of legal expertise and assistance in relation to gaming machine laws to clients which include hotel owners, operators, investors, and others.
We can provide assistance in the following areas and more:
- Dealing with gaming, government, and other relevant authorities
- Gaming machine applications for new licenses
- Increases and decreases in hours or gaming machines
- Surrenders and renewals of licenses.